Friday, March 13, 2009

A few weeks ago my class made Foss planes. We tested different sized rubber bands and we found that the thick rubber band s goes the fastest. Me and my partner Alyssa tried all kinds of different of rubber band to see how many winds it would take to make our plane go half way down the string. My partner and I tried twenty-six winds and were correct. After that our teacher wanted us to try two rubber bands and he said try to get the lowest amount of winds possible to get the plane to go all the way across the string. Me and Alyssa got as low as 16 winds.

In the Foss plane experiment I learned that the thicker your rubber band the faster the plane goes and it would take less winds to get all the way across the sting than a smaller rubber band I also learned if you change a variable on a Foss plane you could really change your experiment Because me and my partner tried all kinds of rubber bands and we got different results for each rubber band we tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment